Somalia has 3,333Km of coastal line and there is a crucial need for Maritime studies and Marine Science experts and based on this essential need Darul Hikmah University has originated the first unique Faculty of Maritime Studies and Marine Science in Somalia on December 27, 2012.
The aim of the faculty is to provide students with knowledge, competencies, skills and awareness of a variety of subjects linked together by the common theme of Maritime Studies and Marine Science in response to the actual need for this field of knowledge in the country. The faculty also aims to be a centre of excellence for the research on maritime management and marine science.
Vision and Mission:
- To produce specialized and highly qualified graduates with competitive skills that will contribute to Somali maritime industry.
- Develop and enhance the professional skills for managers and officers who are working in the Somali maritime industry.
- To be centre for research and consultancy for Somali maritime industry.
- Learning: Student learning and development are the primary purposes of the University.
- Excellence: DHU promotes quality and excellence in staff and faculty members through its many professional development activities.
- Responsibility: DHU places a high value on being ethical in all practices.
- Adaptability: Preparing students for a technologically changing world.
- Integrity: Operate with fairness, honesty, and the highest ethical standards to sustain a community of trust
- Education Access – Provide all qualified students with access to graduate and postgraduate education.
- Department of Nautical Science and Maritime Transportation
- Department of Fishery.
- Department of Marine Science
- Department of Maritime Management
Faculty of Maritime Studies & Marine Science Trainings
For further information and inquiries, please contact:
Faculty of Maritime Studies and Marine Science (FMSMS)
Darul Hikmah University (DHU)
Mogadishu – Somalia
Tel: +252-61-5585964 (DHU President)
Tel: +252-61-5507711 (Dean’s office)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dean’s office)